Olive oil is a pantry staple used by many because it's good for the heart, but did you know that it has plenty of other uses around the house as well?
Here are five of them:
- Makeup remover. Who says you have to spend a lot of money for choice makeup remover? Your olive oil will do just as good of a job, if not better. Simply add a few drops to your cotton or makeup remover pad and wipe it on your skin. Complete the routine by washing the oil away using the cleanser of your choice.
- Shaving oil. If you've run out of shaving cream, don't worry. Olive oil is a very good alternative. Just apply it to the surface of the skin you're shaving, shave, and then wash. The finish should look just as good as if you used your favorite shaving cream if not better.
- Hair conditioner. From makeup remover to shaving oil and now hair conditioner. Apparently, you should be getting more olive oil and add it to your normal beauty routine. Apply a few tablespoons of olive oil to your hair as you would when applying conditioner, wrap your head in a towel and leave it on for at least half an hour. Rinse and shampoo your hair as usual.
- Massage oil. For something new, you might want to try using olive oil as your new massage oil of choice. You'd be surprised how well it works. You can add other ingredients like lemons, mandarin oranges, and lavender for a more pleasant aroma.
- Pet Care. From hairball prevention to giving your pet cat or dog a more healthy-looking coat, as well as skin irritation relief and as a lubricant for sore, cracked paws, olive oil is essentially a cure-all for most of your pet's common maladies.